Thursday, January 1, 2009

Book Lists

One of my very first posts was a list of books I enjoyed in 2007. This year it was a bit easier, since I actually kept track of everything I had read, and had already written reviews for books I loved. Here are my Top Ten books from 2008. Please note that most of these books weren't actually published in 2008. They are simply books that I read and enjoyed for the first time in 2008.

In no particular order:

The Invention of Hugo Cabret, by Brian Selznick

A Crooked Kind of Perfect
, by Linda Urban

The Adoration of Jenna Fox
, by Mary E. Pearson

The Patron Saint of Butterflies, by Cecilia Galante

Leepike Ridge, by N.D. Wilson

The Wednesday Wars
, by Gary Schmidt

Gallop, by Rufus Butler Seder

Kiki Strike, Inside the Shadow City
, by Kirsten Miller

Someone Named Eva
, by Joan M. Wolf

Kitten's First Full Moon
, by Kevin Henkes

While those were my top 10, there were other books that I enjoyed for the first time last year Here is a list of the runner's up:

Three Cups of
Tea, by Greg Mortenson
the Heir trilogy (even if the last one didn't live up to my expectations)
The Time Travelers, by Linda Buckley-Archer
The Bronze Bow, by Elizabeth George Spear

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: