Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Gallop!


by Rufus Butler Seder


When you were younger, did you ever try to make little flip books? You know, where you drew a man running in various stages, and then if you flipped the pages, it looked like he was actually running? I was never very good at those - I am to this day a horrible artist - but I always found them fascinating.

Gallop! is not a flip book, but every time you turn the page, you see an animal running, or leaping, or fluttering, etc kind of like an old school flip book (only you just turn one page, not flip through a dozen). It is so awesome.

It's a child's board book, so there isn't too much story to it, but the animation (or scanimation as it's called on the cover) is amazing! I bought a copy and have read it probably a dozen times since, because I just can't get enough of the images. Because there are so few words on the page, it will probably keep the interest of younger kids, and once they are old enough to recognize that the dog on the page is actually "running," it will be even more interesting.

I highly recommend that you check it out for yourself!

No comments: