Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My First Reading Challenge




Heart of a Child Challenge



hosted by Becky of Becky's Book Reviews

The basics:



How many? Read 3 to 6 books


When? Between February 1, 2008 and July 14, 2008


What? Books and authors that you discovered, loved, or adored as a child.

Here's my list (though it's not required):

The Amusement Park Mystery, by Gertrude Chandler Warner
This was the very first mystery I ever read, and it cemented forever my love for mysteries.

The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgson Burnett
My dad read this to me when I was in 2nd grade (or thereabouts).

Best of Enemies, by Carolyn Keene
Oh, how I loved Nancy Drew. She was even better when she teamed up with the Hardy Boys!

Hatchet, by Gary Paulson
This was my favorite book in 5th grade. My dad even bought me a hatchet for Christmas that year.

The Velveteen Rabbit, by Margery Williams

I have fond memories of this book, though I remember being scared to death of getting so sick that all of my toys had to be burned afterwards.

Goodnight Moon, by Margaret Wise Brown and Clement Hurd
This is still one of my favorite books.

It was kind of hard deciding which books to read. I made an initial list then spent the weekend thinking up more books that I could add. So, I will read these for the challenge, but I will probably end up re-reading more books from my early days.

This is the first reading challenge that I have signed up for, but I think it should be very doable. And, I am excited to re-read some of these books! I will post some sort of update regarding all of these books, though I am not sure I will do a formal review for them or at least all of them.

No comments: