Saturday, March 1, 2008

February 2008 Booklist

Picture Books

Tuesday, by David Wiesner *
The Man Who Walked Between the Towers, by Mordicai Gerstein *
June 29, 1999, by David Wiesner
Kitten's First Full Moon, by Kevin Henkes *
Hurricane, by David Wiesner
Mei Li, by Thomas Handforth
Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel, by Virginia Lee Burton
The Three Pigs, by David Wiesner *
Shadow, by Marcia Brown
Stone Soup, by Marcia Brown
A Story A Story, by Gail E. Haley
My Friend Rabbit, by Eric Rohman *
Owl Moon, by Jane Yolen
Jacob had a Little Overcoat, by Simms Taback *

Early Readers

Dulcie's Taste of Magic, a Disney Fairy book

Middle Readers

The Invention of Hugo Cabret, by Brian Selznick *
Frindel, by Andrew Clements (audio book) *

Young Adult Books

Twilight
, by Stephenie Meyer
M.C. Higgins the Great, by Virginia Hamilton
Castle in the Air, by Diana Wynne Jones
River Secrets, by Shannon Hale *

Adult Books

The Redemption of Althalus, by David and Leigh Eddings *
Magician: Apprentice, by Raymond Feist
Magician: Master, by Raymond Feist
Silverthorn, by Raymond Feist *
Stardust, by Neil Gaiman

* = a favorite.

Is it bad that so many of the books that I read were favorites? I do try to avoid books that I know I won't like, so maybe that's the reason? Either way, I would recommend any of the "favorites" listed above. Actually, I would recommend most of the books listed above anyway, though with some sort of intro like "it wasn't my favorite, but..." The only book that I probably would never recommend was M.C. Higgins the Great, which I only read in my attempt to read all the Newbery winners. I found it rather boring - but I don't think I understood the message the author was trying to portray (or something).

3 comments:

Shelley said...

I tried to read M.C. Higgins the Great with my son once, and we were so bored we stopped! I'll have to add a few of your favorites to my neverending TBR list!

KT said...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who didn't enjoy MC Higgins! Kudos to you you for reading it with your son (and stopping when you were both to bored to cope!)

Anonymous said...

How are you? clomid prescriptions buy online http://wiki.answers.com/Q/User:Med-help buy clomid overnight delivery Bye-bye!

Are you very busy at the moment? buy clomid and nolvadex online buy clomid on line over night
buy clomid on line Good night!