Monday, February 4, 2008

January 2008 Book List

Picture Books

The Princess Knight, by Cornelia Funke, illustrated by Kersten Meyer
Read anything good lately? by Susan Allen and Jane Lindaman, illustrated by Vicky Enright
Knuffle Bunny, by Mo Willems
Sector 7, by David Wiesner
Gallop!, by Rufus Seder

Early Readers

Beck Beyond the Sea, a Disney Fairy book
Our Liberty Bell, by Henry Jonas Magaziner and John O'Brien

Middle Readers
Igraine the Brave by Cornelia Funke
Peter and the Secret of Rundoon, by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson

Young Adult
Maniac Magee, by Jerry Spinelli
Enna Burning, by Shannon Hale

Adult
The Memory Keeper's Daughter, by Kim Edwards
Team of Rivals, by Doris Kearns Goodwin

I realize it looks like I read a lot of picture books. And, it's true, I did read quite a few this past month, considering I don't have any kids. I am trying to become a bit better rounded in my reading of children's lit, and picture books are a huge part of that genre. Of the picture books listed above, Gallop!, and Sector 7 were my favorite.

No comments: