Wednesday, July 1, 2009

June Books

This month was not a super successful reading (or reviewing) month for me. Life's been kind of busy and stressful (and it looks like we're moving across the country in a couple weeks, so the stress isn't really lightening up...). And, I've found that I just can't force myself to sit and read. No promises that July will be super productive, but hopefully by August life will be back to normal and reading/reviewing can start up again.

Middle Readers

Sammy Keyes and the Curse of Mustache Mary, by Wendelin Van Draanen (audio book) *

  • I love Sammy - this one was my favorite in the series so far
Sammy Keyes and the Hollywood Mummy, by Wendelin Van Draanen (audio book) *
  • Yep, still love her
Alcatraz vs. the Scrivener's Bones, by Brandon Sanderson
  • This series is a crack up.
Young Adult Books
Heroes of the Valley, by Jonathan Stroud
  • Sadly, not nearly as fun (or fast-paced or funny) as his Bartimaeus series
Fiction Books
All the King's Men, by Robert Penn Warren
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows *
I Capture the Castle, by Dodie Smith
  • Very enjoyable. I sincerely hope a review is coming soon
Non-Fiction Books
The Tao of Pooh, by Benjamin Hoff

No comments: