Saturday, November 1, 2008

October Book List

Middle Reader
The Shadow World, by Jane Johnson
Dragon Rider, by Cornelia Funke (audio book) (Re-read) *
The Devil's Arithmetic, by Jane Yolen
Erec Rex: The Dragon's Eye, by Kaza Kingsley *
Diary of a Wimpy Kid, by Jeff Kinney *
Peter Pan, by JM Barrie (audio book) (Re-read) *
The Tale of Despereaux, by Kate DiCamillo (audio book) (Re-read) *
Judy Moody is in a Mood, not a Good Mood, a Bad Mood, by Megan McDonald (audio book) (Re-read) *
Savvy, by Ingrid Law

Young Adult
The Dragon Heir, by Cinda Williams Chima
The Hero and the Crown, by Robin McKinley *
The City of Ember, by Jeanne Duprau *
The People of Sparks, by Jeanne Duprau
The Ear, the Eye, and the Arm, by Nancy Farmer
Beauty
, by Robin McKinley *
The Underneath, by
Kathi Appelt
The Prophet of Yonwood, by Jeanne Duprau
The Ruby in the Smoke, by Philip Pullman *

* = a favorite

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I'm almost done listening to Dragon Rider. Are you listening to the one read by Brendan Fraser? He's pretty amazing! Quite the variety of accents. I remember liking The Hero and the Crown, and I loved The Ear, the Eye and the Arm (although I see it wasn't a favorite of yours--House of the Scorpion is generally better liked).

Anonymous said...

I loved Diary of a Wimpy Kid and enjoyed The Devil's Arithmetic. It's also a movie which I thought was really good as well.

Kim said...

I listened to Dragon Rider read by Brendan Fraser, too. He was really good. I've heard good things about Robin McKinley but I've never read anything by her. I'd like to read Beauty.

KT said...

Chain - Yep, Dragon Rider was read by Brendan Fraser. I was really impressed. I'm not all that fond of him as an actor (though the only show I've seen him in is George of the Jungle), but I thought he did a great job. Oh, and I thought Ear, Eye and Arm was just too bizarre. It was an enjoyable read though.

Natasha - I will have to look for the movie...

Kim - I discovered Robin McKinley this month and really enjoyed both books I read. Beauty was great. I definately recommend it.